About Your Session
- A Bowen treatment consists of a series of gentle non invasive precise moves, each at a specific area on the body over muscles, tendons and ligaments using just thumbs and fingers. No oils are used.
- Interestingly, Bowen can be done through light-weight clothing or directly onto skin. After each series of Bowen moves, there is an important pause to allow the body to respond to new information. It is during this pause that the body begins to make changes. This creates a sense of relaxation and falling asleep during your session is a likely occurrence. It is the therapy that acts as a catalyst for the body to change on its own.
- The whole body is usually addressed with the specific areas of concern being a focus of the treatment session. The body is treated on both sides to create balance. So, if you only had one wrist problem the therapist will treat both.
- Bowen is a very effective treatment, with substantial relief frequently attained after a few sessions. Some acute recent conditions will respond to one treatment but on average long lasting relief is often felt after three sessions.
- Bowen balances the physical, mental and emotional planes aiming to balance the whole person. Practically any pain, condition or injury can be addressed and some people use it as a form of stress management and health maintenance.
- Its rejuvenating effect empowers the quality of our lives. Bowen makes a positive, healthy impact by providing more energy and an overall sense of well being. The results are long-lasting and profound.
- Before and after your session drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated.
- After your Bowen session it is necessary to refrain from other therapies during the same week as this seems to neutralize the changes the body is trying to accomplish.
- After a Bowen session we usually do not treat a patient again before seven days to allow time for the body to respond to the work, except in cases of re – injury or pregnant ladies.
- Suitable for anyone from newborn babies, pregnant ladies to the elderly.
If you prefer to watch and listen to what Bowen is about in an interview then please watch this video